Last Updated: December 17, 2020
You must be at least EIGHTEEN (18) years old to access the site and use our services. If you are under eighteen (18) years old, you are not permitted to use any part of the Services for any reason.
1. Information We Collect
When you use the Site, we process the following types of Information:
a. Personal Information
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information may include: first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, username and password, payment information and purchase history. When you access or use the Services, you may provide Personal Information to us, such as when you register to access our Services, request to receive information from us, purchase a ticket on our exclusives.nowplayingnashville.com ticketing platform, or communicate with us or our employees or volunteers. Online merchandise and ticket purchases for items and events listed on the Site are fulfilled by independent, third-party vendors and are subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and terms of service. We do not collect your payment information, but we may have access to your transaction history, method of payment, login information, and the last four digits of your credit card number.
b. Non-Personal Information
“Non-Personal Information” does not identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Site. For example, we collect information about your use of the Site, including but not limited to: Internet connections, computer equipment, web browsers, the pages or features of the Site to which a user browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which the Site is used by a user, search terms, the links on our Site that a user clicked on or used, related timestamps, sites visited before and after using or accessing the Site.
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information are collectively referenced as “Information.”
c. Geolocation Information
You may choose to allow us to access your location by granting the Site access to your location when prompted or through your device’s location services settings. You may change these settings on your device, but this will impact your use of and access to the Services.
d. Third-Party Social Networking Service(s)
If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Site, we may receive your Personal Information and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts through those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate registration or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Site is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available by reviewing privacy policies of those providers and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those networking sites/services.
2. Use of Information
We use Non-Personal Information collected by cookies to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Services, and otherwise help administer and improve the Services.
We may identify you from your Personal Information and merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. Except as otherwise stated, we may use Information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our services or programs, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to make a donation, we will use that information to process your payment.
- To provide and support our Services and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- For Sites that allow or require you to create an account, to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, donations, payments, and other transactions you initiate through the Services and to prevent transactional fraud.
- To notify you of any changes in relevant agreements or policies and to enforce any such agreements or policies.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Services and products.
- To communicate information to you (e.g., new features, products, or services).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. This is an opt-in e-mail program. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by contacting us email@example.com.
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, donation history, and donation intent regarding events and Services. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, community needs, etc. Your input will help to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and Services.
3. How We Share Information
We may share Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable information privacy laws and regulations and to use the Information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information;
- Third-party donors or sponsors with whom we partner to create charitable funds, events, and other programs, and with whom we may share Personal Information, such as your name, email, and address, in order to keep them informed as to the status and progress of the program;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
4. Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us, including encrypted connections (HTTPS) and secure sockets layer (SSL).
It is common knowledge that transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee or warranty the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or Services, and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Service(s). Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of the Services, or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (615) 321-4939. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach to the extent required under applicable law.
5. Information Retention
6. Links to Third Party Sites
7. Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to email@example.com. For more information about your rights as a California resident, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents at https://www.nowplayingnashville.com/privacy-notice/.
10. How to Contact Us
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Privacy Inquiry)
By telephone: (615) 321-4939
By regular mail: Att: NowPlayingNashville
The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
3833 Cleghorn Avenue, Suite 400
Nashville, TN 37215